Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
The EH&S Coordinator is responsible for supporting and maintaining the environmental, health, safety and DOT Management program under the direction of the Environmental, Health and Safety Director. The EH&S Coordinator will minimize the risks posed by hazards to its employees and to the company by supporting appropriate hazard control systems and programs and maintaining full compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop, implement and audit Company Environmental, Health, Safety and DOT Management programs.
- Conduct internal Environmental, Health, Safety and DOT audits.
- Develop corrective actions and provide Environmental, Health, Safety and DOT recommendations.
- Maintain the Company’s Environmental, Health, Safety and DOT training program.
- Develop and conduct employee training.
- Perform hazard assessments and other EHS evaluations. Assess risk and provide recommendations to control hazards. Develop Standard Operating Procedures according to the hazard assessment.
- Observe employees performing job tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures and retrain where needed.
- Provide daily operational support to the Operations Managers and Sales Managers in areas related to Environmental, Health, Safety and DOT Management.
- Conduct incident investigations and participate in employee incident reviews for all Environmental, Health, Safety and DOT related incidents and near-misses.
- Analyze incident data to identify trends.
- Monitor Environmental, Health, Safety and DOT performance metrics.
- Maintain awareness of current OSHA, EPA, State Agency and DOT regulations.
- Prepare and submit Environmental Reports related to Air, Water and Waste. SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan), NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) Permit, Hazardous Waste, Used Oil, TIER II Reports.
- Conduct audits on third party Treatment, Storage and Disposal locations.
- Performs related duties and participates as needed in special projects as assigned.
Customer Satisfaction Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees and customers.
- Consistently evaluate work and determine if further steps are needed to meet Company expectations.
Productivity / Efficiency Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Minimize non-productive time with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet future needs (education, organizing, and housekeeping, assisting others).
- Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames.
Job Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, codes, and ordinances covering Environmental, Health, Safety and DOT; complies with regulatory standards.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and follow proper timely incident reporting so follow-up and/or prevention can occur.
- Must have working knowledge of MS office applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as within groups to meet established time lines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficient in English, spelling, and arithmetic.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to travel to other locations 25%-50%, overnight stays maybe required.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to company safety standards.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the environmental, health, safety and DOT field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, health and safety management, engineering, occupational health, or a related science.
- Certifications are a plus (CSP, CIH, PE, CHMM etc.)
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to work in the field around industrial settings as required.
- Intermittent physical activity including standing, lifting, bending, reaching, walking and driving.
- Ability to occasionally work 2nd or 3rd shift hours.
Please click the link below to apply or send your resume to: email@example.com
Job posting can also be reviewed at Indeed.com – https://employers.indeed.com/j#jobs/view?id=7225d91cca12
Please visit our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/universalenviro/